About the position
Sisimiut is the outdoor adventure destination of Greenland and Hotel Søma Sisimiut is looking for a guide for both winter and summer season starting in January 2023.
Are you our new guide?
Hotel SØMA Sisimiut is one of four hotels on the west coast of Greenland.
The hotel is run by a young management team as well as young volunteers and a good mix of young and old employees.
We are a young team that likes adventures and fun lunch breaks. The working environment and the community are important to us. We believe that together we can go further.
We offer an exciting workplace located in the world’s most beautiful city. We are known locally and have access to both the sea and the hinterland. We are a young team that loves adventures and smiles. You can expect great sparring from the management team, as much as we have a close collaboration with our local partners.
Hotel Søma is a hotel based on Christian values – we see ourselves as a home where there is space and hospitality for everyone to feel welcome.
About the position
As a guide at Hotel Søma Sisimiut you will be in charge of:
- Guiding our guests in snowmobiling, snowshoeing, hiking, stand-up paddling, etc…
- Driving the guests to the starting point of their activity (dog sledding, boat tours, …).
- Renting the gear.
- Promoting our activities.
- Selling the tours according to the given budget.
- Booking the different touristic activities.
- Developing tour content.
- Organizing the activities for cruise ships.
And above all… Making our guests live a unique adventure.
As we are in a process of development, the position is even more exciting as you will be involved in creating new tours, finding new activities and be part of the growth of our touristic offers.
Duration: 2 years contract starting in January 2023.
From October to December, due to the low season, there is no guiding, therefore we can offer practical work around the hotel.
Working hours: Around 40 hours per week, flexible hours with the possibility of working in the evenings and weekends.
Salary: According to qualifications.
Accommodation: Can be provided on request.
A driving license is a must.
– You enjoy being outside, doing outdoor activities, and being surrounded by other people.
– You are a dynamic, enthusiastic, and outgoing person.
– You like to come up with new ideas and being involved in the process of development.
– You have good orientation skills and are comfortable being out on your own in the mountains.
– You are organized and good in sales.
– You are fluent in English. Danish and Greenlandic would be a plus.
Experience in guiding would be a plus.
If you have any questions concerning the position please contact Junior Manager, Eva Gouraud at +299 279802 or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must be sent to email@example.com
Deadline for applying : November 15th 2022.